Another Example of the Power of Horsemanship

  Hello everyone. Once again it's time for my weekly blog post. This week has been quite eventful for many of us with the Boston bombings at the marathon. With that said, I figured I would make this post a little bit more uplifting and a little less informative. This is something that I think some of you might want to try out with your own horses and others will just enjoy knowing that our equine friends are truly amazing.

  So why do I have a picture of a dog? Click Read More to find out.

Picture from:
http://www.allbordercollies.com/Border-Collie-Agility.php


  Introducing, equine agility. Yes, it does exist. Though it is not as popular as other equine sports, equine agility is another way horse owners can build a relationship with their horses.

Picture from:
http://www.horsesinthemorning.com/hitm-for-02-25-2011-by-kentucky-performance-products-horse-agility-and-tack-cleaning-debate/

    Below is a video where you can get a glimpse of what horse agility is all about. The video is a promotional trailer for a how-to book and dvd. If you would like to order anything from their website, you can click here. (I would like to point out that I have not been approached by The International Horse Agility Club and that I am only sharing this video and their website with you because I thought you would like to learn about horse agility.)


Video from:

  As you can see, horse agility is very similar to dog agility. You will need a good relationship and good communicational skills with your horse to get him to trust you to go through the obstacles without a lead line attached to him. Horse agility is a great example of the amazing things that can be accomplished with good horsemanship.

  I hope you all enjoyed this blog post and I hope you are all doing well this week. Until next week, I wish you all a great weekend and thank you for reading.

Comments