Equine News: Smart Horses

  Here is a video and an article I have found that I think all of you should know about. Skuggi, a horse who lives in Iceland, has proven once again that our equine friends are a lot smarter than the average person gives them credit for. This little ten year old horse has been taught the basics of mathematics.

Picture from:
http://horsetalk.co.nz/2013/03/21/icelandic-pony-enjoys-his-maths/#.UV8M8KIsl2A

  Skuggi is a great example of how great these animals really are. To see the video and to read more about this amazing horse, please click the Read More icon.




  Jónína, a fifteen year old girl, has only had Skuggi for a year. She taught him a Spanish routine where he learnt to paw like you see in the video. Later, her friend asked if she was going to teach her horse to count. When she gave it a try, she discovered that Skuggi was a fast learner and is now able to count to ten and do a bit of calculation.

  To read the full article from the Iceland Review, click here.


Video from:

 I would just like to mention that the promised continuation of last week's post will be up tomorrow for those of you who are not subscribed to the blog yet.

  Also, I would like to let all of you know that I have made a Twitter account for the blog. If you would like to follow me, I will be tweeting when new posts are published on this website as well as tweeting and re-tweeting other horse related tweets. You can follow me at @PureHorseSense and you can click here to see my Twitter profile. Please be patient with me as I am still getting used to Twitter so there may not be many tweets, but there will always be a tweet about when a new post has been published.

  I hope all of you are having a great day and thank you for reading.   

Comments