A Special Day

  A year from today, Pure Horse Sense was created and its first ever blog post was published. Since then, people all over the world have discovered this blog and enjoyed reading all the weekly posts.

  When I first created Pure Horse Sense, I didn't know what to expect. All I knew was that I had a passion for horses and that I wanted to share what I've learnt (and keep on learning) with the world. Horses, like I'm sure they are for all of you, are a huge part of my life. To me, horseback riding isn't just a sport; it's a passion and a lifestyle. There is so much to learn and so many different approaches.

Picture edited by me
  I figured that this week's post should be a little bit more personal so you can learn more about me.


  I am a Canadian; I grew up in Quebec and I now live in Ontario. I saw my first horse when I was three years old and started taking lessons when I turned seven. I first trained in Hunter/Jumper and then moved into Eventing. I have never owned my own horse and I am currently not riding due to circumstances, but I am always studying and learning as much as I can until I can ride again. Once I do, I promise to have a lot more original pictures.

  My favourite television show is Heartland and I have been referred to as the "Amy Fleming" of my group of friends and family (even though I cannot do some of the things she can, but maybe in the future).

  I enjoy learning from people of all disciplines as long as it benefits the horse. The concept of natural horsemanship fascinates me more and more and I cannot wait to be able to try some of these things out for myself.

Photographed by:
Peggy Franz
Picture from:
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/horse-photography-peggy-franz.html

  My dream for the future is still the same as it was written in my elementary school yearbook; to become a professional show jumper. Visiting Spruce Meadows this year confirmed that even more. Though I'm not close to jumping 1.6 metres right now, I would love to be able to ride for a living and compete around the world (maybe someday!).

  Though I am not a cowgirl or a jockey, I would love to try my hand at barrel racing and racing a horse at full gallop.

  So now you know a little bit more about me! Thank you for reading Pure Horse Sense and I wish you all the best with your horses. If you have not done so already, please subscribe to the blog (it's free!) by one of many methods which you can learn about here. Please also share the blog with your friends so that it can grow even more. I look forward to writing many more posts in the future.

  Until next time, happy riding!

Comments