Elegant Bravery

  Happy Easter weekend everyone!

Photographed by:
Kimerlee Curyl
Picture from:
http://www.kimerleecuryl.com/index.php#mi=2&pt=1&pi=10000&s=18&p=5&a=0&at=0

  What better way to spend your holiday time than to watch, read or spend time with horses? They are exceptional animals. They're so gentle, elegant and brave...


  As I was watching some videos in my YouTube subscriptions, I came across this one. I was a little intimidated by it being 7 hours long, but decided to skim through it quickly to watch any of my favourite riders competing in the FEI World Cup. And boy am I glad I did!

  At about the 4:02:00 mark, a musical ride began and I was instantly excited to watch it. Not only do you need to be a good rider to participate in a musical ride (let alone a musical ride for the FEI World Cup!), you need to be on a well rounded horse that gets along with other horses and that isn't afraid of motorbikes.

  Yes, I said motorbikes. Dirt bikes to be exact. These horses were doing a musical ride paired with a dirt bike while moving through a series of movements to music. It's quite a sight to see.

Video from:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8bFiRFRrwQ

  Sure there might have been a few mistakes, but that's not an easy thing to do. Those riders, horses and dirt bikers deserve quite a bit of recognition for their efforts and skills.

  I hope you are all having a wonderful Easter weekend and that you are all enjoying yourselves. Thank you for reading Pure Horse Sense. I wish you all the best.

  Until next time, happy riding!

Comments