Blog Hop: Continuation School

  Those who follow horse blogs are usually horse crazy. Riding is our sport, passion and obsession. We'll get back on no matter how many times we fall and we don't mind getting our hands dirty. We'll wake up extra early to go to the barn and we'll spend money on horse things when we could use some new clothes ourselves.

  So, why do we do it? Why do we ride?

Picture from:
http://suenostomanvuelo.blogspot.ca/2014/05/blog-hop-continuation-school.html

  This is my answer to the Viva Carlos' blog hop question...


  Just like any sport, the more you work at it, the more rewarding it gets. But horseback riding is different. Not only does it challenge you mentally, emotionally and physically, there's a new language you need to learn. We communicate through movements and emotion. The difficulty comes with communicating clearly with an animal that also has a mind of his own.

  So do I do it for the challenge? Not entirely...

  What I find the most rewarding part of riding is the partnership. Through all the training sessions filled with frustration, blood, sweat and tears, the two of you become a team. I think it's a relationship that you won't find anywhere else. To be able to communicate completely without the need for words and to be able to enter the ring not on an animal, but a good friend is a great feeling.

Picture from:
http://everyrider.typepad.com/

  I don't think you can find that kind of partnership in any other sport. You'd probably think I sound crazy if you've never experienced what I am talking about. It's something that's hard to explain because it's a relationship that is wordless, I guess. It's something that needs to be experienced rather than described.

  I think that's why riders become consumed in the horse world. It's hard for us to stay away because you won't really find anything like it anywhere else.

  Being in the saddle is a great place to think and clear your mind. You can unload all your worries without having anyone judging you. Horses can see who you really are the minute they see you. They are our mirrors. Though that might sound daunting to some, I find that liberating and refreshing. It's rewarding to be purely who you are and nothing more.

  In the end, I don't ride for the ribbons, the status or the challenge. What I truly ride for is the unique partnership.

Picture from:
http://abcnews.go.com/meta/search/imageDetail?format=plain&source=http://abcnews.go.com/images/US/gty_cowboy_sunset_ll_120925

  Well, this post has made me want to ride even more than I already do. I'm suffering from major riding withdrawal (haha). Hopefully, I'll be able to ride again sooner rather than later.

  But until then, thank you for reading. Be sure to check out the answers of other bloggers to L's question by clicking their links below. Also, tag yourself in this blog hop or write in the comments below why it is that you ride.  
  Until next time, happy riding!

Comments

  1. Definitely hard to explain but all of us horsepeople have felt it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! It's also harder to explain to non horsey people because they don't get it until they experience it (but that would make them horsey people then!). :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I would love to hear from you!