Reflections

  We are getting closer to the end of another month. October is fast approaching and autumn has arrived. Where has time gone? It doesn't feel like that long ago when we were just beginning the year 2014 and now it is almost over.

Photographed by:
Ashford Daly Photography
Picture from:
http://www.ashforddalyphotography.com/photography/social/equestrian/

  I decided to review my goals for 2014 with you and see if I am on track to completing them...


  In my post Rider's Resolutions, I shared with you three goals of mine that I would like to achieve before the end of 2014:
  • Find a way to ride more whether it is through lessons or free riding
  • Increase my knowledge of horses and horsemanship through theory and practice
  • Continue to write and grow the Pure Horse Sense blog

  When it comes to the first goal, this is the one I have been struggling with the most. As you may or may not know, I am not currently riding. It had been my main focus to start riding this year mainly because I miss it and also because I would like to share more personal experiences with you. 

  I am proud of how far I've come in getting closer to obtaining this goal. I'm not quite there yet because life can throw some unexpected curveballs, but I'm getting there. Hopefully, if I can stay on track, I should be riding by the end of this year or the beginning of the next (fingers crossed!).

Painted by:
Jen Brandon
Picture from:
http://www.jachestudio.com/blog/horse-painting-tutorial-expressing-motion-by-equestrian-artist-jen-brandon

  When it comes to increasing my knowledge of horses and horsemanship through theory and practice, this is partially completed. I say partially because I cannot actually learn through practice when I am not near a horse (not to mention that learning is a never ending process!). But, I have been learning a lot through theory. I'm constantly researching online and learning from other bloggers. I am also in my 3rd year of online courses that focus on equine business management and equine science. I've learnt a lot and I can't wait to learn more. If you would like me to write a post about my experience with these online courses, please let me know and I might write one in the future.

  Finally, my third goal is the one that I am the most proud of. When you're not around horses, it can be very hard to always come up with new content to write about on this blog. In fact, I usually struggle with coming up with new topics most weeks. But I've pushed myself to keep going and to keep writing though I might have missed a week here and there. 

  As a result, there are more of you reading my posts. And for that, I have to say thank you. It has been truly rewarding to know that other horse people are interested in what I have to say and look forward to my weekly posts. On October 9th, Pure Horse Sense will turn two years old. I would have never imagined that so many of you would already be reading a blog that is so new to the equine blogging community. So thank you!

Photographed by:
Aimée Makris
Picture from:
http://www.moiequine.com/

  So as we near the end of this year, I am getting closer to completing all three goals. Things may not always go according to plan, but I am still working towards where I want to be in the future. This post may not be like some of the others I have written, however, I thought it would be nice to sit down and share a little update with all of you.

  Again, I just want to say thank you for reading and sharing Pure Horse Sense. I look forward to sharing much more of my experiences with you as the days go by.

  Until next time, happy riding!


Comments