Beginnings of Goals

  Now that December is here and this year is nearing its end, I figured now would be a good time to review my goals for 2014.

Picture from:
http://www.oku1.com/wallpaper-534045-download-runing-horse-hd-wallpapers-wallpaper-desktop-images.html


  Before I get into all of that, I would like to address the fact that I had not published anything new in about a month. With my end of semester assignments and crazy work hours, it was a bit difficult to blog. If I'm being honest though, I really just didn't make myself make the time. With each day that passed, I kept reminding myself to write a post. And with every day that I didn't, it became harder and harder to write. I feel bad that it took me this long, I do. So I am back again and I hope you're okay with that.

  So here were my goals for 2014:

  • Find a way to ride more whether it is through lessons or free riding
  • Increase my knowledge of horses and horsemanship through theory and practice
  • Continue to write and grow the Pure Horse Sense blog

  Now the first one has not been achieved yet, but we are getting there! Once my work schedule slows down a bit after the Christmas season, I have made it a goal to email a potential stable and hopefully start riding again. Let's hope that, this time, everything goes according to plan.

  The second goal is a never ending one. I did just finish a course on equine nutrition though and I have definitely learnt a lot more. I'm also working on different blog post topics to share some of those things with you in the future.

  The third goal is still moving forward. Although there were a few publishing breaks throughout the year, Pure Horse Sense continues to grow.

Photographed by:
Carol Walker
Picture from:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/88392878/wild-stallion-at-sunrise-fine-art-horse

  With that said, here are my goals for 2015:

     1. Consistently writing and publishing posts on Pure Horse Sense

  I am not happy with allowing myself to slack off and miss weekly posts. It's also not fair to all of you, the readers, who look forward to a post every week. So, I want to make it a goal of mine to write at least once a week.

     2. Write more personal posts

  By this I mean sharing more personal experiences with all of you. Whether that is going to events like the Royal (more posts will be published soon on that experience) or sharing stories of things that I've personally experienced around horses.

     3. Get more involved

  Being a newcomer to the horse blogging community, I would like to get to know the other bloggers more as well as all of you who already read Pure Horse Sense. I'd like to be as interactive as I can with all of you. I am still new to all of this and I'm still learning the ropes. To start off on the right track, why not write in the comments who your favourite horse blogger is and why. I'd love to know!

  That is all for this blog post. I really did miss writing and I am glad I am getting back on track. I am trying to decide which day I am going to be posting on Pure Horse Sense from now on. If you have any suggestions, let me know!

  Until next time, happy riding!


Comments

  1. My favorites are Lauren at She Moved to Texas, JenJ - Wyvern Oak, Jen - Cob Jockey, Austen - Guinness On Tap, Carly at Poor Woman Showing.

    I have to say your #2 goal of 2014 is like the goal of a lifetime! :) so wonderful to continue learning.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!