Dreams

  Everyone has a dream. For some it's to be an astronaut, others it's to be a movie star.

Photographed by:
Marquita Alcartado
Picture from:
http://marquitaalcartado.com/2013/10/05/silverdust-next-installment/
  Whatever your passion is, everyone starts off the same way. With hard work and determination...


  My dream, like many other horse-loving people, is to have a career with horses. Ideally, riding professionally. I'd love to sport the Canadian red jacket and represent my country on an international scale while sharing all of my experiences with all of you. This has been a dream of mine since I was in the sixth grade. But what makes a dream turn into a goal and then eventually into a reality? Determination and hard work.

  Okay, I'll be honest here. I've been seriously slacking. Even with this blog, I haven't been giving it the effort I should be. And I'll be the first to say that I am disappointed in myself.

  I could sit here and write all of the reasons why I haven't been doing what I should to attain my goals. I could say it's because I moved, that I'm looking for a job, that I'm focused on school or that I'm still looking for a stable to ride at. But all of those things are excuses. Things that I would be telling myself to make it okay to slack off. Things that are preventing me from reaching my goals.

  Today, I took the time to think about everything. I evaluated what I was doing and what I wanted to be doing. Then I asked myself this; is it worth it? Did I want to put all of this effort into something I've wanted for almost my whole life or did I want to give up?

Photographed by:
Cealy Tetley
Picture from:
http://www.horsejournals.com/canadian-show-jumping-team-claims-bmo-nations-cup-title

   That's when I decided it was worth it. Horses are such a huge part of my life. They are my true passion. So, I've decided that, from now on, I'll be making more of an effort to get there. I know this isn't going to be easy. I don't know where my passion will take me, but I'm excited to find out.

  I've decided that I am going to make new goals for myself for the rest of this year. That way, I can turn over a new page and start with a new proactive attitude.

  • I want to be writing a new post at least once a week as I've promised in the past. If I miss a week, I'll make sure to make up for it the following week. That way, there will always be at least 4 posts a month
  • I want to be working before the end of the year. This is a pretty obvious goal. Since moving to a new city, I've been looking for a job. If I don't work, then there's no money. And if there's no money, I can't pay to pursue my passion. (I just left an interview today so fingers crossed I get the job!)
  • I want to be riding by the end of the year. Though it's been a goal for a while now, I need to be working to pay for lessons. So, the minute I get a job and sort out my finances, you can bet I'll be in the barn. In fact, I think I have one already in mind...

  I'm going to leave my goals to those three for now. They're all very simple, but also very important for me to get to where I need to be. What I love most about all of this is you guys. This blog will hopefully become a space where I can share everything with you. You'll be on this journey with me. I think that is so exciting.

Photographed by:
Matthew Seed
Picture from:
http://horse-photographer.co.uk/

  So thank you so much for being patient with me as I go through this road block. From now on, I'll try to be focused and proactive in achieving this goal (or whatever this journey leads me to!).

  Do you guys have any dreams or goals that you're working towards? I'd love to know!

  Until next time, happy riding!

Comments