PHS Review: A Sunday Horse

  People who love horses naturally gravitate to horse movies. Or at least I do. Even if they don't fully capture the horse's spirit and the actor's riding skills are not all that strong, you can bet that there will always be a tear in my eye at some point throughout the movie.

Picture from:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3543258/ 

  Last night I decided to watch another one on Netflix.

  A Sunday Horse was a beautiful movie. It captured the bond between the horse and rider wonderfully. And the fact that it was based on a true story makes it all the more heartwarming.

  Without giving too much away, the story follows Debi Walden who's fighting her way to the top of the show jumping leaderboard. Though she has the natural talent, she didn't come from a family of money. Throughout the story, you watch her tackle many obstacles in the way of her making her goal. The movie also highlights the fact that you can't trust everyone you meet, but that there are good people in this industry too.

  I didn't know much about the storyline before pressing play. I'll be honest, I was initially intrigued because it follows the discipline of show jumping. Though I love horse movies, a girl can only take so many flicks about horse racing.

Picture from:
http://moviecritics.co/movies/100215-a-sunday-horse

  I found myself at many times throughout the movie relating to Debi. From sharing the same interest in the same discipline to not coming from money to finding the right horse, it was easy to put myself in her shoes. 

  If you have yet to see this movie, you really should give it a watch. Just make sure you've got a few tissues handy. You're going to need them (especially for that last scene). Sure, it's quite sappy but if I'm honest, I'm a sucker for that kind of thing.

  Let me know what you think once you've seen it. I'd love to know.

  Until next time, happy riding!


Comments